Still having a swallowing problem.
I had my throid removed back in Feb. and I'm still having the feeling that there in a lump as I swallow. Is this caused from the surgery like scar tissue?
When was your last labs?
Maybe you need an increase/decrease in meds?
Usually for me...fat neck and lump in the throat is HYPO.
Get some recent labs done and post here if you can.
It could be the scar tissue and how it formed.  I had that feeling for quite a while after my surgery.   My surgeon suggested I start to gently massage the scar which I have done and, for me, that helped.  
Dubby is right..it may be scar tissue and a lot forget that a TT is a mjor operation and the body needs time to heal too .
But get labs done if you havent recently.
Let us know how you go.
Hugs x
I went  to the doctor and I have to have another thyroid scan done today. My doctor doesn't like want she felt in my neck. Now I'm alittle worried that maybe cancer has spread to my lympth nodes.
my TSH levels are within normal limits, i'm 3 wks post op and i have the swollowing issue too. im thinking that theres a lesion in there from being intubated and hoping it goes away soon. why cant a person find anything online about this stuff. also since i woke up from surgery ive had a cough and my lung function is signifficantly decrease. i become so short of breath it's rediculouse and imbarrassing. anyone else have that issue?
I had a partial thyroidectomy done last Monday. My neck became very swollen above the scar line on Friday. Does anyone know if this is 'normal'?
I am 4 weeks post-op TT and was feeling tightness and what felt like a lump so I called the Dr and he gave me 5 days of prednisone, thought that might help.  Has anyone else had experience with prednisone being helpful?