Thyroid Disorders Community
Stitch Abcess(abscess) mini-procedure update ....

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

O U C H !!!!!  2 Stitch Abcesses caused some scar tissue to form and that is why the bump is still very sore and oozes and itches and is A N G R Y looking.

Dermatologist is very pleased with the rt. hand side of the incision but the other side by the stitch bundle is almost 8 weeks post op and shouldn't be the way it is.

He used a Cortisone Injection right inside it and ouch did that hurt .. very similar to one in the joint for tennis elbow a few yrs ago .... also scripted a topical cortisone cream called Cloderm .. will pick up in the AM.

Have to go back in 4 weeks for another cortisone shot .. he thinks it will work as it is scar tissue formed . .nice, huh ... that is why it is tight and pulling and doing its ANGRY thing but not infected just ANGRY and ANNOYING.

For those reading for the first time, this is 1/4" above my thyroid incision from 1/07 surgery .. had a cyst that got infected and ruptured and then formed an infected lump that had to be removed which thankfully was benign but looked like a tumor.  Handful of stitches inside and out with that go-around which was mid-March.

Cheryl (ThyCa 1/07 .. Dermatologist removed the granuloma mid-March)
Jeepers Creepers so sorry you are having such a bugger of a time!

This truly has been a stinker of a time for you - I have to say your a trooper all the way. Being a mom of your own tribe is hard enough!

You are an inspiration to us all.

~prayers for you~

Teresa
OK, I think you've gone through enough already!  I'm thinking I have something like that going on with my scar too...only on the left side, I supposedely still have a dissolvable stitch left and it feels bumpy.  I see my ENT in a few weeks.  He told me last visit that it could take months for the stitches to go away...
So sorry you are still dealing with that. It's unreal after all this time!!  I will never complain about this darn 4 inch scar across my neck I swear.  Hope things heal for you so you can stop worrying about it!! :)
Owie!  Double owie... with nuts!  

Did your dr say anything about massaging the scar tissue (if you can touch it without going through the roof)?  Massaging will help to break down the fibrous tissue of the scar and make it softer and smaller and reduce any adhesion.

re: the scar itself - maybe you can tell folks you were in a bar fight.  "you should see the other guy".  ;)

Hope the treatment works!
Ahhhh you had me in stitches .... so which part of Mrs. Potato Head did we put back together this go around ? LOL!

Now I see why my Endo says I need to be careful about scar tissue if I ever have the other side removed ........ geez ..... this pesky crud is not what I planned on.

The cortisone is working already ... much of the tightness is lifting ... I guess it works from inside out I bet .....

I had the mini procedure in Mar to rid myself of an infectious granuloma which in English is an infected hunk of scar tissue ... so now way no way no way was I going to leave this behind in the way of more scar tissue acting up LOL!

Thanks for the posting ... Mrs. Potato Head is getting put back together yet again .. time for a photo maybe to see the nice progress ... have to get one of the kids to take one of the scars for me!

C~
He didn't massage this one "yet" ... the Dr. has done so on another mole that had a good handful of stitches and healed ok but not the best it could have healed.  There was a lump that he was able to massage down by the stitch bundle and that did help a bit but it was like 8 mos post op on that one (on my arm) so maybe this will be done if it is still there after it is better healed!

C~
ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch!

THINKING OF YOUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

((((Hugs))))))

it'll be over soon :)

~Rachel