Sudden Swelling In The Throat
Hi I am Martha,
51 yrs old . i was diagonised with hypothyroid few months back. Even much before that i had always this symptoms of asthama and allergies but i was never given a proper reason...for it..now in the recent past i am having occasionally this symptom of sudden swelling in the throat and a throbbing feeling in the throat...this is not a regular feature but i usually get it...whenever i am depressed i get this allergy also..today i am experiencing some pain in my neck..is is alarming...my thyroid test sometimes comes very low and sometimes it comes high....please guide me and if anyone can what should i do and react to it...

regards Martha
I responded to your other post.  Hope that gave you the info that you were looking for.
I know gimel thank you for that but if you could just help me with the symptoms which i am getting i will feel a little better...your info was really nice would follow it up now it self..can youtell me more about the symptoms which i have mentioned now..

Regards
Martha
The symptoms you have are the reason I suggested this previously.

By the way, even your previous TSH reading was above the reference range currently recommended by the AACE, which is .3-3.0.  Unfortunately most labs and doctors continue to use the old range of .5-5.0.  
I really recommend that you go back for more testing and insist on the free T3 and free T4, along with TSH, and also thyroid antibodies testing to see if there is any related autoimmune system problems affecting your thyroid system.   Always get a copy of your test results and keep for reference.  The doctor is required to give you a copy upon your request.  When you get the results, please post the actual numbers and reference ranges so that members can provide you the best response.