Supper Dry Skin
I have suffered from supper dry skin and dry scaly patches that sting and peal off on a weekly basis. I have used every brand of lotion on the market. Doctors in the past told me that there was just no cure. Now, I have been diagnosed with Hypothyroid disorder and find that very dry skin is a symptom of such. I will start taking Synthroid to correct the thyroid problems and want to know if I can expect better skin conditions. I am so tired of peeling dry skin patches off my face everytime I shave. Please advise if you have experienced improvement in your skin.

Thanks friends.
Dry skin is a symptom of Hypothyroid although I think it hits people in different ways, I don't have the dry skin on the face but I have a on and off problem with the ball and bottom of my toes, the skin gets so dry it cracks and burns, I am not sure it is related to my Hashimoto's, I tried asking here but no one with similar symptoms responded,I did not have this problem prior to being diagnosed with Hashi's, it seemed to appear after I started taking thyroid meds,  I have an appointment with a foot specialist this thursday. There is a skin problem called eczema that can cause dry flaking skin also. I hope to get mine(Whatever it is) resolved soon. Good Luck FTB4