Thyroid Disorders Community
Supper Dry Skin

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Supper Dry Skin

I have suffered from supper dry skin and dry scaly patches that sting and peal off on a weekly basis. I have used every brand of lotion on the market. Doctors in the past told me that there was just no cure. Now, I have been diagnosed with Hypothyroid disorder and find that very dry skin is a symptom of such. I will start taking Synthroid to correct the thyroid problems and want to know if I can expect better skin conditions. I am so tired of peeling dry skin patches off my face everytime I shave. Please advise if you have experienced improvement in your skin.

Thanks friends.
Dry skin is a symptom of Hypothyroid although I think it hits people in different ways, I don't have the dry skin on the face but I have a on and off problem with the ball and bottom of my toes, the skin gets so dry it cracks and burns, I am not sure it is related to my Hashimoto's, I tried asking here but no one with similar symptoms responded,I did not have this problem prior to being diagnosed with Hashi's, it seemed to appear after I started taking thyroid meds,  I have an appointment with a foot specialist this thursday. There is a skin problem called eczema that can cause dry flaking skin also. I hope to get mine(Whatever it is) resolved soon. Good Luck FTB4