Swollen Throat
I got cold like symptoms on Aug 20, 2008.  Around Sept 20, 2008, my throat feels swollen(behind my adams apple).  went to dr(walk in clinic), was given an antibiotic.  no change.  went to ent 3 weeks later.  he prescribed amoxicillin 500mg 3X daily.  Ran the camera down my throat.  He said there is some swelling, but doesnt look like anything to be worried about.  a few days later, throat was killing me..  went to a diff ent.  she said my throat was fire red.  prescribed nystatin..  doesnt hurt now, but still swollen...  i cant get my mind off of it..  it feels like my throat is going to close any minute...  Any ideas?
All that I could even suggest - thyroid related - is to ask for a thyroid blood panel of:

TSH FREE T3 and a FREE T4 -

maybe a TPO test too.

You could be having a temporary thyroiditis going on with your immune system shutting down and the antiboitics maybe irratating that too.

Or you could be starting an autoimmune break down too.

It's to hard to tell - you need tests.