Aa
A
A
Close
Synthroid, Cytomel and Iodoral
I'm taking synthroid in the morning and Cytomel in the afternoon.
Should I be taking the Iodoral with either one of them or separately?
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
499534 tn?1328707778
Why are you not taking your cytomel in split dosages starting with 1st in the am with your synthroid???
There are a lot of reasons to and not to take Iodoral....and should be done under supervision. If you have Hashimoto's and are still in the destruction phase, I would not take it.  
Otherwise, under supervision and slowly.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
1820479 tn?1317324556
i loved being on the iodoral -- my body just required a LOT less than i was taking.

as soon as i de-toxify for a bit more, i hope to be able to take it again.

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
649848 tn?1474485941
Iodine supplementation is not recommended for those with autoimmune thyroid disease.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
1820479 tn?1317324556
i answered your question about my TSH level on another board because i can't find the original place that you asked about it.

my tsh came in at 93.  i think the t3 test was 3.0.

i found an email address for optimox and wrote to them about the problem.  they think the high TSH might be due to a bromine problem and are sending me a high dosage vitamin C bottle to de-tox from the bromine.  apparently it takes 30 days of being on vitamin C to bring down the TSH.

for anyone -- i totally recommend mary shomon - you can find her on about.com - she runs a long-running blog there about thyroid problems.  another good reference -- dr david brownstein.  i've also ordered HIS book.

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources