Synthroid and hypothryroidism
I am hypothyroid for the past 5 years and was stable with 25 microgm of synthroid. Recently I started gaining weight(3 kgs in 2 months) without any reason and when I checked the TSH it was 12. My doc changed my dose to 88 microgram for 70 days and redo my blood work. Is that value of TSH high? Its been 2 weeks now and I don't see any changes- still gaining weight, tired, etc.. Is that expected.
It takes 4-6 weeks for a dosage change of T4 med (synthroid) to take effect.  Your doctor gave you a huge increase in medication; 70 days is too long between retest.  You need to retest by the end of 6 weeks to make sure your dosage isn't too high; you might very well have been okay with, either 50 or 75 mcg and not had to go all the way to 88.

Yes, your TSH is too high. Is your doctor only testing TSH?  You should also ask to have the actual thyroid hormones, Free T3 and Free T4 tested.

Do you know if you have Hashimoto's?
Thanks so much for the response. As far as i know, I was not diagnosed with hashimoto's disease.
Hashimoto's is the number 1 cause of hypothyroidism in the developed world.  You should ask your doctor to test for thyroid antibodies to determine whether you have Hashimoto's or not; if you do, you will need periodic increases in your medication, as your own thyroid function further declines.