Synthroid and probiotics
Hey all! Can anyone tell me if it's ok to take my probiotics (to treat IBS) at the same time I take my Synthroid? I know not to take my multivitamin until a few hours has passed, but I'm not sure about the other. Also, while I'm on the subject, what about the Glucousamine I take for my joints? Can that be taken at the same time? Thanks for any feedback!
I don't know about the Glucosamine but I take my Synthroid everyday with an Enzymatic Acidophilus Pearl. Been doing it for years and haven't had any issues. You can always do what I think the rest of us do.....take the rest of your vitamins with lunch and look like a drug addict at work!
I'm so used to taking everything first thing in the morning, and now this thyroid business is really messin' with my schedule! I do the vitamin thing later in the day now, but the probiotics are to be taken on an empty stomach. I keep trying to post a question to the doctor, but everytime I go there, the daily limit for questions has been reached.
One hour prior to your thyroid meds. and good for you to get on them.

They are awesome!!!! - I faithfully take mine.
Does anyone know the protocol for taking thyroid meds, anti-biotic and pro-biotic?
Hi .. bumping this question back up to the top .. I'm not 100% sure.  I'd call your pharmacist to be sure because they do need to be spaced out.

C~
Other meds and vitamin/minerals/supplements, particularly calcium and magnesium, should be separated from thyroid meds by about 4 hours, but I know that doesn't fit everyone's schedule.  I take my Tirosint (T4), first, then an hour or so later, my T3 med and diuretic.  That's between 6 am and 7 am.  About mid morning, I take my probiotic, vitamin D, then about noon, I have another dose of T3 med.  I take calcium, magnesium, selenium, etc before bed.

I think the biggest issue is consistency.  If you do the same thing every day, you should be okay and if you're taking vitamins/minerals too close to thyroid med, you may have to increase your thyroid med dosage.

High fiber foods also, inhibit absorption of thyroid med.