Thyroid Disorders Community
Synthroid

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Synthroid

I started it on Tuesday.
I'm wondering if anyone has had chest pains/tightness when taking this med.
I called my doctor and they said it can't be from the synthroid.
I'm on Effexor XR since May 05 and nothing else, the chest pain and tightness started after taking synthroid.
Is this normal?
I have had tightness in the chest but not from thyroxin, it was from being Hypo.
Keep an eye on all your symptoms and the advice I would give is to have an ECG done to make sure all is well.
Your local Doctor can organise this.
Personally I think its the Hypo causing those symptoms but best to err on the side of caution.
I have had shorness of breath on synthroid. I am still going. It takes a long time before you see any improvement. Make sure you have your labs done at six weeks to make sure your optimal.