T3 & T4
Just wanting to know what my Free T3 & Free T4 levels should be. I had my thyroid out 3 years ago & was on Throxine tabs. Have been on Armour capsules for the past 3 weeks & am wanting to have another blood test to determine if I am taking the right amout of caps. Am currently on 120mg daily.

I have never been told what my levels were & just wondering what they should be.
Ruth
Hi Ruth,
The lab values will vary depending on what that particular lab has set. My insurance had been with one lab for several years and all of a sudden we switched to another lab and the values were vary different so it made it difficult to tell where things were. As a patient you have the right to obtain copies of all blood work and office notes from your doctor so you should request that information and keep it on file. In general most people feel best when their free t3 is in the upper half of the range and free t4 in the mid range but it can differ from person to person so more than anything it is important to go by your symptoms first and then look at the blood work.
Chel
Thank you for your reply. Yes I was thinking that I should have some of my results & it's been 3 years since I had the thyroid out. I think maybe it's time to make an appt & get another blood test because of the changeover & also request my levels.
Thanks again
Roo