T4 level
I am waiting to get rechecked by a better doctor, but found out that my T4 level two years ago was 0.9.  From what I read on the internet, "normal" is between 5 and 13.5.  Is this correct?  Is T4 0.9 a problem???

thanks to all!
Was it a free T4?? A T4 test alone will not show what is going on. You need to have the following: TSH, Free T3 and Free T4. The totals are not used any longer.
T4 is the stored hormone to convert into T3  Looking at only T4 and T3 levels is less than half the story to know what's going on. You need Free T4 and Free T3 tests along with antibody test - with a TSH is get to the specifics of IF your thyroid is OK or not.
I am going to a new endocrinologist.  The first one was not thorough and I realize that now.  I know I have antibodies and am assuming something's not right b/c I feel horrible. Do you think having antibodies is enough to make me feel crumby??

Thank you!
The next endo should be more thorogh with the tests.  I know I have antibodies and feel horrible, so I am almost hoping my numbers aren't good so I can get treatment b/c my TSH is "normal".

I have had antibodies for at least two years now....is that enough to make me feel bad.  Are antibodies a definite sign something is wrong?

thanks!
Yes if you have hashimoto's, it can make you feel horrible. Especially if your TSH isn;t being supressed enough. It should be at least a .50-1.0 to keep antibodies at bay a little and to keep symptoms down. It is also important to know where your free t3 and free t4 levels are at, because these are your active hormones.
Thanks!  I am goint to the endocrinologist on May 4th and I can't wait.  I feel bad for my kids that I am so tired.  I realize that there is no sure cure, but maybe med. will help my symptoms if I have Hashimoto's for sure.