Thyroid Disorders Community
T7 thyroid test

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

T7 thyroid test

I have been feeling some fluttering in my heart.  So the doc test my thyroid.  The ONLY thing off is the T7 - low, everything else is good.  TSH, T4, T3, ect is all good.  He thinks I need to cut back on medication.  What is your opinion?
Also meant to ask what thyroid medication you are taking and what is the daily dosage?
Have a look at what the T7 test really is.  

"The Free Thyroxine Index (FTI or T7) is obtained by multiplying the total T4 with Tuptake.[2] FTI is considered to be a more reliable indicator of thyroid status in the presence of abnormalities in plasma protein binding.[2] This test is rarely used now that reliable free thyroxine and free triiodothyronine assays are routinely available.

FTI is elevated in hyperthyroidism and decreased in hypothyroidism.[2]"

My opinion is that so far I am not impressed with your doctor.  If you will please tell us about any other symptoms you are having, and also post actual test results for all the thyroid tests, along with reference ranges shown on the lab report, members will be better able to assess the status of your testing and treatment.
Plaquenil may cause cardiac arrhythmia (disturbances in the normal rhythm of the heartbeat).
I am taking 60 mg of Armor Thyroid daily.  I have something autoimmune going on.  I too am not impressed w/ my dr.  I didn't mention this, but he ran an ecg and he said it looked like someone who has had a heart attack.  I asked if he really thinks I had a heart attack.  

I plan to go see my rheumatologist Thursday.  Hopefully he will re-run the ecg and answer my questions on the low T7.  From my research, it looked like if the T7 was low, and the TSH was normal, it could indicate a problem with the pituitary gland.  

I also take Plaquenil.  I have had tachycardia before I started on plaquenil along with abnormal rhythms.