Thyroid Disorders Community
TRAINING & medication
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

TRAINING & medication

I have had my thyroid out for 10 years now and have managed to train for both Ironman and Comrades Marathon.  I now am really battling with training and keep getting sick - My TSH's have to be kept below 0.03 - what do other thyroid cancer people take for medication.
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I had a complete thyroidectomy. The left lobe was removed May 30th 2010 and the right only last Oct. 3rd. My current TSH is 3.01. The normal range is 0.35 - 5.5. I don't know why yours should be kept below 0.03.  
Blank
I'm a long distance runner and had a total thyroidectomy 3 1/2 years ago. My TSH is currently at .413.  My last labs had it at 1.4 and my endo had a cow and upped my synthroid. Then this last lab had it at .413 and he reduced my Synthroid a tad.  I have to be kept under 1.0 due to cancer.
Blank
The reason my TSH has to be kept to 0.03 is to stop the Cancer returning - I have never heard of Synthroid but am on Eltroxin and Tetoxrine.  I would really like my TSH's to be higher - it may help with my training but of course do not want my cancer to grow back again.

Thank you for your response.
Blank
My PCP likes to keep mine under 1.0 as well. My last TSH level was .4
Blank
If my TSH go as high as 1.0  they reduce my medication to lower it - I am finding that i am not fully operational on a TSH of 0.03 - what does your doctors say your readings should be - T3 & T4 must be normal for me but TSH low.

Totie - how do you feel on your current situation?  do you do any form of training.

Thanks
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank