TSH, 34 generation w/reflex to FT4
I recently had this test performed with the result of 7.14.  I have been taking Levothyroxine 25mcg daily for 8 weeks.  The TSH is still elevated. What does this mean?
Was your TSH of 7.14 your last test?? Also you should be tested every 6 weeks until you reach optimal level. Most patients feel their best if their TSH level is kept under 2.0. Did your doctor also run your Free T4 and Free T3 to get a complete picture of what is going on with your thyroid??
If you are still hypo, it means you need more medicine. :) :)
TSH, 3rd Generation with reflex to FT4 means this;

Please run a TSH test. If the TSH test comes back out of limit, please run a Free T4 test.

That's what the lab order means to the lab worker.

Did they run a Free T4 test? They should have, because a TSH of 7.14 is above lab limit.

What does a TSH of 7.14 mean? It means the dose you are taking may not be strong enough. You should be trying to lower it closer to 1.0, unless there is some reason to want it lower than that. Whether the dose is correct or not depends on how long you have been taking it, and what your last TSH test showed.