TSH, 3rd generation test
TSH, 3RD GENERATION 50.890 uIU/mL.  This was the result of my test yesterday,   What does it mean?
TSH is a screening test for thyroid disorders.  Your TSH is quite high, indication that you are probably hypothyroid and that further testing is in order.  Your doctor should order FREE T3 and FREE T4 to make sure they support the result of your TSH test.

In addition, you might want to consider asking for TPOab and TGab, the antibody markers for Hashi's (autoimmune hypo), which is the most prevalent cause of hypo in the developed world.

Do you have a lot of hypo symptoms?
    Fatigue
    Increased sensitivity to cold
    Constipation
    Pale, dry skin
    Hoarse voice
    Muscle aches, tenderness and stiffness
    Muscle weakness
    Depression

I have all the above symptoms to varying degrees but have other conditions that also contribute to similar symptoms.  I have a rare vasculitis, Microscopic Polyangiitis, Anca Positive.  It took 12 years to diagnose it from symptoms that started in 1995.  I have not had a flare for more than 3 years and am considered stable on Myfortic and 5 mg Prednisone to control my immune system.  I have 25% kidney function and 80% lung function, as both were damaged prior to getting an accurate diagnosis of the PMA, which inflames small to medium blood vessels.  I am 75 and am active enough to walk my dog for half hour twice a day and do my household chores.  I hope my doctor can help the thyroid condition as I believe I would feel much better if he can.  I will find out more next week.  Thanks for your reply.  It confirms what I had learned from Internet research.
I'm not familiar with PMA, but since your meds "control your immune system", I assume it is autoimmune???  If so, be aware that once we have one autoimmune disease, we are more prone than the general population to get a second.  So, do ask for TPOab and TGab testing.  

Your symptoms are consistent with hypothyroidism, and your TSH is quite high, so my guess is that you'd feel a lot better on thyroid meds.  Good luck with your doctor.
Yes, MPA is auto immune and the drugs suppress my immune system to hopefully, control flares of the disease, which damages organs in your body.  

My Dr. started me on a thyroid med today...low dose but will increase it in a month if appropriate.  I hope it helps me feel perkier.

Thanks for your replies.  Do you know if most patients tolerate Levothyroxine Sodium tabs well.  I am starting on 0.025 mg.
Levo is an exact man made replica of what our bodies produce, so it is well tolerated by almost everyone.  Different tablets from different manufacturerers have different fillers, and some are intolerant or allergic to those, but that's unusual also.

25 mcg is a good place to start.  It's best to start out at a low dose and increase slowly as tolerated.  A month is also a good interval before retesting.

The prednisone may be compromising your thyroid hormones.  You might want to read up on the interaction of thyroid hormones and corticosteroids.