Thyroid Disorders Community
TSH & ALT

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

TSH & ALT

I'm 19 years old male. 14 months ago I was diagnosed as Thyroid   cancer patient with Hashimoto background and had the complete Thyroid removed. A month after the surgery I got a Iodine treatment.
Currently the thyroid blood tests are good and the TSH level has decreased recently to 0.125(Hyper).
Since the surgery my liver enzyme ALT has gradually elevated from 50 to 88 then 100 and now 148. Now also AST has elevated to 98.
Tests for Hepatitis A B C and kind of viruses were negative. Liver Ultrasound found no evidence for abnormality except for enlarged spleen (13.5 cm).
My questions are:
1. What could be the reasons for ALT,AST elevation?
2. Could be any relation between the TSH level decrease (hyper thyroid)   and the Elevation of ALT AST?  

Thank you
David
When I was first dx with Graves Disease and Hyperthyroidism, my liver enzymes were VERY elevated.
The liver enzymes have to be up in the 1000's to be damaging your Liver but still a check on them.
I would say that ..yes it is from being Hyper.
Thanks for the answer. I would appreciate very much if you can tell what was the level of TSH. T4 & T3?(FT4 ,FT3)
Total T3  Adults: 0.8 - 2.0 ng/ml
Total T4             4.5 - 12.5 µg/dL
TSH                  0.4-5.5 µIU/ml
FT3                  2.3- 4.2 pg/mL
FT4                   0.8 - 1.8 ng/L