TSH, what number to look for
I am being treated for my hypothyroid with levothyroxine.

My most recent TSH is 4.83, the high end of normal.  Even if it is on paper, I feel really run down. The past week I have had more symptoms of being hypo than not. Of course my awesome endo increased me and listens to how I feel not what is on the lab sheet in front of her. On 112mcg daily now

My question to my friends is:
what was your TSH when you felt your best?
i feel my best at 1.o
In my opinion, TSH is not the criterion by which a doctor should be deciding your thyroid dosage.  First of all, 4.83 is well over the new range recommended by the AACE.  Unfortunately, however, many labs and doctors have not yet adopted the new range of .3- 3.0.  I think it would be far better to check your free T3 level and target your med. dosage to get your free T3 into the upper part of its range.
I assume you are on T4?  If so, the goal is to have the morning TSH below 2.0. Most feel best with it around 1.0.  Remember to always test in the morning within an hour of waking. This is because the TSH is highest while we sleep, so you want to test as close as you can to its high point.

If you are on a med containing T3, then the TSH should not be used to adust your dose of medication. The Free T4 and Free T3 work better for this.