TSH
I have a TSH of 6.5(reference range of .3-5.1), an average temperature of 97.4-97.8 and a fasting blood sugar of 105 and a lymphocyte count of 19%.  I was curious if this is far enough outside the range of normal that they would suggest treatment.  I have never had an abundance of energy, always only took about 3 shits every 4 days, slept 10-11 hours a day, had dry skin, low libido, and salt cravings.  I was wondering if this meant
1. treatment is the exception
or
2. gray area
or
3. nontreatment is the exception

Thanks,
James
Your TSH of 6.5 suggest low-grade hypothyroidism and might warrants treatment.

Too much sleep sometimes is nothing but a bad habbit. Or could be from certain drugs, life style, workplace issues, emotional concerns and stress, undiagnosed medical conditions, etc. A study just came out stating that too much sleep, that beyond 7 or 8 hours, shortens your life span.

Craving for salty may be a symptom of adrenal exhaustion, especially if you live a fast-paced, stressful lives.   It is recommended that eating food high in vitamin C is helpful (citrus, pepper and broccoli) and potassium (parsley, garlic, spinach and carrot).  Salt cravings can also be a symptom of serious conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure and sickle cell anemia. it could be that you are craving the iodine in the salt because you are hypothyroid.
If you crave a lot of salt, you should really see your doctor and get a complete physical.  

>>>>>>>>>>>>

Just my personal opinion and/or experience. Always discuss your health issue with your doctor , always adhere to your doctors advise and, you always have the right to a second opinion. Nothing is a 100% or a 100%, 100% of the time. However, we are not all alike!

GL,
1990 - Hyper/Graves'
1997 - Dia/RAI
1997 - MVP - Mitral Valve Prolapse
1999 - TED - slight Thyroid Eye Disease
1999 -  Visible Nodule (suspect Marine-Lenhart-Syndrom/hyperfunctioning nodule)
2002 -  IED  - Intermittent Explosive Disorder (Graves' Range)
Find a good endocrinologist to follow up with your thyroid levels and blood glucose.  Did they run an A1C on you for your blood sugar??  An endo is the way to go.