Thyroid Disorders Community
TSH 0.04 Free T3 & T4 Normal

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

TSH 0.04 Free T3 & T4 Normal

I have been dealing with symptoms of hyper thyroid for almost two months now and am very frustrated. My hair is falling out, I sweat at the drop of a hat, lose my temper over the tiniest thing and my eyes have swelling and irritation. I finally saw an endo last week and she thinks I have Graves but my test results today show free T3 and T4 within the normal range even though TSH is suppressed.

I was supposed to have RAI uptake scan today with ablation treatment to follow but had to cancel due to a CT Scan with contrast I had done last week. I guess I'm just looking for support from others like me. I have had a major health issue a year since 2009 and am beginning to feel pretty down, not to mention I feel HORRIBLE most of the time. I've read on here that free T3/T4 are better indicators of thyroid disease but with my symptoms and TSH I don't know what to think.  Thanks for listening.
Tags: TSH, T3/T4
Could you post your lab results with the reference ranges provided?
Being in a normal range does not mean you are not suffering symptoms of thyroid, most of the ranges used by labs today are much outdated. Your supressed TSH alone would indicate Hyper Thyroid, although Free T3 and Free T4 are the ideal values to go by, if you are high in the range would also indicate Hyperthyroid. Good Luck FTB4
Definitely sounds like you are hyperthyroid with Grave's to me!! Regardless of your labs you definitely are experiencing the symptoms of hyperthyroid with the sweating irritability etc. Has your doctor considered trying you on Propranolol? It is a beta blocker and is very helpful for minimizing the symptoms of hyperthyroid because it blocks T4 hormone absorption into the brain. Won't be a permanent fix for the problem (you need the Thyroid uptake scan to determine cause of symptoms and appropriate treatment based on that scan's results) but in the short term small doses of propranolol two-3 times daily will at least help you FEEL better! HTH
Agree that it would be good to post your actual lab results, with reference ranges, so we can see what they are.

You also need to get tested for thyroid antibodies.  You should get tested for both Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, which is most often associated with hypothyroidism, but is commonly characterized by periods of hyperthyroidism, as well; and Graves Disease.  It's possible to have them both.

Antibodies for Hashimoto's are Thyroid Peroxidase Antibodies (TPOab) and Thyroglobulin Antibodies (TGab).  You need both tests, since person can have one or the other, or both.  For Graves Disease, Thyroid Stimulating Immunoglobulin is the definitive test.
I will post the three lab results my doctors nurse have me. I don't have the reference ranges. Thank you all so much for your help. I an miserable.
TSH 0.04
T3 117
Free T4 1.4