TSH 21- How serious
I went to a doctor, because I had spotting in between periods and developed inching in my vagina. I was thinking it was related to pregnancy. When the doctor took my blood test. I was told my TSH is 21 mIU/L and I have hypothyroid..situation. The doctor started me on synthroid today. I am very worried if I can get this down to normal. My doctor had asked me to stop conceiving till my TSH is down. She took my blood test again to further investigate other levels. I am really very worried of this high TSH level, that I might have other problems too. I had eaten Lunch and Breakfast when she took my blood test...I dont know if the results are accurate...I am 29 yrs old and want to know at what age group hypothyroid may occur.
Well.. that is high but there have been many that have had their TSH in the 200's. Mine was 13 last Monday when I went to the ER with severe vertigo. I guess that was because I was very hypo. I upped the meds and doing better..

There really isnt an age bracket for hyper/hypo.. I know children that suffer from this as well as people being born without a thyroid period. Its a disease like any other disease that does not discriminate against age or gender. Some have it because hereditery reasons or after a having children like myself. Every person is different with this disease or the rhyme or reasons behind..

Eating shouldn't have affected your results.  It's good your Dr. is running other tests.  Hopefully she ordered Free T4 & Free T3.

You do need to have your thyroid under control before trying to conceive.  It is very important.

Don't worry too much.  Your level can probably be brought into line with no problems.  Your Dr. sounds like she is doing the right thing.
I agree with your doctor.  Do not try having a child while your thyroid is not working properly.  This can have devastating effects on a baby.  Thyroid hormone will bring your levels down.  We can't say how much you will need or when they will be brought down to normal, but whatever you do, do not rush your recovery or get pregnant now. My doctor said the same thing to me when I wanted to have a child.  They know what can happen.  Don't mean to scare you or burst your bubble, but you need to take care of your health first.
Good luck
Thanks for Answering..Really appreciate it!!