Thyroid Disorders Community
TSH Receptor AB @ 1054

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

TSH Receptor AB @ 1054

For 3 years I have been treated for a viral illness, I'm sick all the time, I've lost over 45 pounds, they have told me it was a virus that attacked my heart and now I have congestive heart failure.  I changed doctors and this new one asked me if anyone checked my thyroid and I said "I don't know". So he did!  First one came back with my TSH @ .24.  Well that explains the weight loss!!!  So he reordered it and several other things and here are the results:
TSH - .56
FreeT4-normal
Free T3-normal
TPO AB - 1054
TSH Receptor -1054
I've done some reading but I'm so confused!  I have been so sick for the past 3 years!!!  Is this why??? What does anyone think?  What am I in store for??  Am I going to be okay?
I would say you have Graves Disease which is an Autoimmune Disease and can be treated. It does present itself sometimes like a viral infection..usually a recurrent sore throat to start with.
This should be treated by a Doctor or Endo and not ignored.
The TSH Receptor is a gene that causes the thyroid to over produce hormones.

I hope that helps you a little better in understanding it.
Oh!  I have to say I have had strep throat twice and mono all during this past 3 years!!!  They just kept giving me more antibiotics!  Can't they just take the darned thing out and be done with it???
Antibiotics wont fix any autoimmune disease.
As for getting them to remove the thyroid and 'be done with it'.......read all you can on Graves Disease and just what the thyroid fuction does in yr body to each and every organ.
Its not just a simple case of 'remove it and its gone'.
Far from it.
I suggest you research as much as you can about the thyroid and thyroid hormones and the role that the thyroid plays in regulating yr heart rate, your metabolism, your mental health, your organs..liver, kidneys , along with everything else that it controls.
The thyroid controls almost every symptom and organ in your body and unless it is 100% neccesary to remove it, I would hang on to it for as long as you possibly can.
Research, rsearch , research ......until you know it inside out.
But in the meantime..get yourself under an Endocrinologist.

Dont be in such a rush to get the thyroid removed.
You say yr FT3 and FT4 levels are normal..what were the numbers on them?

Ok my Free T3 was 5.1
Free T4 - .90

So what do these numbers mean along with it? Do you think that I probably had it which caused the Congestive Heart Failure?  I was reading up on graves, but it's so much right now it's not sinking in! I can also tell you that my LDL was 148 & Cholesterol was 227 and I think I remember reading something about that being a part of that too! Now when say it controls the liver and kidneys, that's alarming too because my b/c ratio was 18 (H), my globulin was 2.4 (L) ag-ratio 1.9 (H) Tbili .1 (L).   I don't understand how all these doctors could have just missed all of this for 3 years!  Well if truth be known, I was already having ups and downs before then but I went down down 3 years ago. I was actually on short term disability from work but because of the CHF. I begged the doctor to let me go back to work because I lost my car, I was about to loose my home and I was terribly depressed. Now, I'm sick all the time! I catch every virus known to man and I just have no energy what so ever!!!  I so appreciate you speaking with me!  This is just all so overwhelming!
Can you post the ranges as they are different in every lab and every country.
Here in Australia the FTranges is 10.0-19.0 so as you can see ...a lot different from yours lol.
Its hard to comment without those ranges.

Yes...a lot of Graves patients have heart problems....I was born with a heart murmur (rheumatic fever) and bradycardia and tachycradia (irregular heartbeat) but it was found a year before diagnosis with Graves that I also now have prolapse of the Mitral, Tricuspid and Pulmonary valves. Nothing major....just something that has to be watched.
I had a heart attack in 1994...I believe I have had Graves since 1985.
Soo please take the beta blockers and anti-thyroid meds..its most important you do.
Your antibodies are high and to be honest with you, I doubt that you will go into remission with Graves (stable levels after anti-thyroid treatment).
In the meantime.....research everything on Graves, Hyperthyroidism, RAI and Thyroidiectomy as I feel that the time will come when the anti-thyroid meds wont work as good as they are now (if you are on them).
Feel free to message me if you want with any questions.
ok it says:
Free T3   5.1    (2.77-5.27 pg/ml)
Free T4  .90     (0.78-2.19 ng/dl)

Does that help?  I just found all of this out just this past week so I'm not on any thyroid medicine yet. I have been on cardiac medicine for 3 years now because of the CHF, but all this other is new to me! As a matter of fact, my cardiologist is the one who ordered the fist TSH test and then my new primary doctor ordered all the rest after he saw the .24. I'm not sceduled to see him again for another 2 weeks.  Why do you think I might not go into remission? Because the antibodies are so high?  It's amazing, my throat hurts as we speak!  Are there any web sites that you prefer more than others on this?