Thyroid Disorders Community
TSH Test Result of 89
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

TSH Test Result of 89

I'm 28 years old, 16 years ago I had my thyroid removed due to a goiter large enough to cover both sides of thyroid. I always get my TSH level done every year. Never any problems- a little adjustments during pregnancies.  Problems started last year with cystic acne. After several months of accutane and no response to it. A testosterone test was done-result of 69. I went to a endo dr. & labs were taken.  C-peptide was ok, blood sugar 91,TSH level was 30, cholesterol & tri's were a lil' high. I was taking levothyroid .02.  He changed it to levo .025.  He started me on spironolactone 100mg to help lower the testosterone and glucaphage (now up to 2000mg a day).  Last week I went for more labs (8 weeks from first labs). Today I found out from the lab that the TSH level is 89.  I haven't yet talked to the dr. and concerned how seriously he will take this result. Also, my BP is now high. This has happened within the last few months also.  Also, been diagnosed with PCOS last month.  Years ago, I went to a herb dr. that used magnets and the first thing he told me was that I had something wrong with my pituary gland.  Would I be out of line asking for a MRI at this point? I would like your opinion on how all of these problems are linked and how alarming do you find my TSH level to be?  What would be your next step with me if I were your patient? I've noticed my vision is blurring a little, daily headaches, & extreme fatigue(@ the point I want to quit work so I can just sleep). No weight gain & very emotional.Kicker-I dont have ins all this is out of pocket.Please give all advice u ca