Thyroid Disorders Community
TSH Ultrasensitive High level

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

TSH Ultrasensitive High level

Hi I just was at my doctors office to re-take a blood test.  My TSH Ultrasensitive level was 7 and that is high.
My doctor wants to get the second blood test results before sitting down with me and explaining what this problem is.  I'm very nervous.  Is this a very bad condition?  thanks for your help.
A TSH of 7 indicates that you are hypothyroid.  It's a treatable, but incurable condition.  It means that you will be on replacement hormones for the rest of your life.

Before you see your doctor again, ask him to not only repeat TSH, but also test for free T3 and free T4.  FT3 and FT4 are the actual thyroid hormones and indicate your thyroid status much better than TSH.  Testing and medicating on the basis of TSH alone leads to a lot of misery.

In addition to FT3 and FT4, you might request TPOab and TGab.  These are sntibody counts that will tell you if you have autoimmune thyroiditis (Hashimoto's).

Good luck.
My TSH ultrasensitive readings came back as 0.004. My free T3 is 4.18 and free T4 is 1.48. Do I have reason to worry?
Do you have reference ranges on your FT3 and FT4?  Ranges vary lab to lab and have to come from your own lab report.

Are you on thyroid meds?
my T3  free FT3 is   2.59 pg/ml , T4 free FT4 is 0.64 ng/dl  , TSH is 71.520 uIU/ml. TSH is very high. How to prevent?
What are the ranges on your FT3 and FT4?  Ranges vary lab to lab, so you have to report them with results.

TSH is very high.  I suspect you don't feel well at all.  There is no way to prevent thyroid dysfunction.  All you can do is see your doctor again so that he can precribe replacement thyroid hormones for you.  Your thyroid has slowed down, and every cell in your body needs thyroid hormone, which your thyroid can no longer provide.
SERUM FREE T3 2.80 pg/ml (1.80 - 4.60)
SERUM FREE T4 1.54 ng/dl (0.93 - 1.70)
SERUM TSH (ULTRASENSITIVE) 8.32* uIU/ml (0.27 - 4.20)
please explain this report and also how to prevent?
What thyroid meds are you taking?

Your FT4 is actually a little on the high side.  The target for FT4 is 50% of range, and you're at 79%.  Your FT3, which should be 50+% is only at 36%.  Since your FT4 is high, we'd expect your FT3 to be even higher.  It looks like you convert slowly and might benefit from adding some T3 to your meds.

How do you feel?  Please list any symptoms.
Medicine :  thyronorm(100 mg)
                 Naturogest (300 Mg)
                  yasmin
                  Blougf Tablet.
Symptoms :weight gain,depression,fatigue
                    Hair Loss ,brittle hair.
                   Changes in Energy or Mood
                   Abnormal menstrual periods/missed period
Periods just completely stopped., didn't even slow down/reduce. just stopped.
thanks for your help .
I think, as I alluded to above, that you need to add some T3 to your meds.  Your FT3 is way too low, and FT3 is the test that correlates best with symptoms.

Has your doctor suggested changing your meds?