Aa
A
A
Close
Blank
TSH high for my 8 weeks old son
Hello Doctor,

The table given below is the Thyroid, Bilirubin test results of my 50days old new born son. He had a prolonged jaundice after his birth which had Bilirubin level over 13.5. The doctor suggested a Thyroid test to find the cause for prolonged jaundice after 5 weeks. Now he has confirmed that the TSH is the cause for this. He has given a prescription to my son. That is lthyroxine.

It would be very greatful if you can let me know this prescription could help my son to have a normal life. Should he undergo any other tests. Will he be fine after a course of time. This is worrisome for myself, my wife and for my family. Is this a complication which will be all thro his life. Will it affect any of his features. Please advice.

Thanks,
Antony

Thyroid Profile

Test                                                                        Result      Reference
Serum Tri-lodo Thyronine(T3)(CLIA)                        158ng/dl      87-178
Serum Thyroxine/T4 (CLIA):                                6.2 µgm/dl      6.09-12.23
Serum Thyroid Stimulating Hormone – TSH(CLIA)        15.9 µlU/dl      0.34-5.6
Serum Free T4(CLIA):                                                1.1ng/dl      0.58-1.64

Billirubin

Test                                                                Result Reference
Bilirubin Total (Diazo)                                        8.3 mg/dl 0.2-1.1
Bilirubin Direct (Diazo)                                0.6 mg/dl 0.2-0.6
Bilirubin (Indirect)                                        7.7 mg/dl 0.3-0.5
Cancel
1 Answers
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
This is the thyroid Forum for patients.  To get your question to Dr. Lupo, post it on this site.

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Thyroid/show/120
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources