Thyroid Disorders Community
TSH level 0.35

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

TSH level 0.35

I have a lump on my left thyroid and my Dr. ordered a TSH and Free T4 test. My TSH level was 0.35 (0.34-5.60). Dose this mean that my thyroids are border line hypo. Could my goiter have anything to do with it. My mom passed away 3 yrs ago from a thyroid storm im scared the same will happen to me? Someone plz help me figure this out!!!
Tags: TSH
Just to clarify, you only have one thyroid gland, which has left and right lobes.  A goiter is an enlarged thyroid.  Do you know if you have nodules on your thyroid?

No, having a TSH of 0.35 does not indicate borderline hypo; however, it could indicate borderline hypER, which is when the thyroid produces too much hormones and is the opposite of hypo.  

What was the actual result of the Free T4 test?  Please post it, along with the reference range used by your lab.  When TSH is very low, the FT4 and FT3 (which apparently you weren't tested for) are often quite high, but not always.  It's important to know these levels in order to help determine whether you are hyper or hypo.

Have you been tested for either Graves Disease or Hashimoto's Thyroiditis?  These are both autoimmune diseases in which antibodies attack and eventually destroy the thyroid.  Graves Disease is most often associated with being hyper, which Hashimoto's is usually associated with being hypo; however, it's possible to hyper with Hashi's as well. It's also possible for a person to have both of these at the same time.

Sometimes when we have nodules, they can leak hormones independently of the thyroid, and make it difficult to control levels.

Do you have symptoms of being hyper?  Those could include weight loss, heart palpitations, rapid heart rate, extreme anxiety, along with many others.  I know it's hard, but please try not to worry too much.  Is your doctor doing more tests to help figure out what's going on?  Are you currently on any type of medicine for your thyroid?

Please remember, if you get symptoms of being very hyper, you should go to the ER for treatment.
Sorry about your moms passing. Since she passed from a thyroid storm it's safe to assume she had an overactive thyroid or graves, most likely graves. This means that there is a genetic component  you may have inherited your moms genes. Before my dx of graves, my TSH was the same as yours. When the TSH is slightly low, and the T3&t4 are normal, you are considered ''subclinically hyperthyroid''. Meaning it's just a matter of time before you become hyperthyroid. I became hyper 2 yrs later and had a mild thyroid storm. You need to request a TSI test. This is a graves disease marker. I actually tested positive for the antibodies when I was subclinically hyper. I did not have the knowledge about TSI and either do most GP'S AND ENDO'S. They assume if it's within the reference ranges that you don't have it, but if you have ANY percentage, you have graves disease.

It is a manageable disease, so don't panic!