TSH level was 1.50, now is .88
Just wondering is this is a significant drop or not.  I have always been told I am in the normal level but have often wondered if I have some type of thyroid problem.  Is it better to be on the low end of normal, the middle, or the high end?  I was 1.50 six months ago, now I am .88, is that better or worse? I am a female, 33.
There is no magic number when it comes to TSH -

You need to take how you feel and TSH levels to determine where you feel best at.

Most range between 1.0 - 1.5 - but I find I feel better lower than the .3
It is normal for the TSH to vary a bit. Yours is within normal.

1.5 is good and so is 0.88. It is not low at all. I am at 0.93 now (with meds) and that is perfect.
My husband's TSH was 0.59 and 0.79 and he is the picture of health.

0.88 is not really on the low end considering a TSH over 2 is suspect for hypothyroidism according to many endocrinologists.
Is it normal to have TSH 0.59?
does it affect getting pregnant? am 26 yrs old
Your TSH is normal. The bottom of the range is about 0.4.

It should not effect trying to get pregnant.
how about 1.7  if i don't feel great would an increase lower it?
Are you already on meds?

My endo works me with and allows me to get the TSH down to the bottom of the range. He said I may be one of those who need a low TSH to feel better. I am not there yet!

It may help, but most docs would say it won't.
Recently, I've been having "episodes" of a sudden flushing feeling and then a racing heart for several minutes, then it quiets down.  Could my drop in TSH from 1.0 to .076 be the reason.  Thanks.

Linda
I have read all of the above postings and it seems that everyone (well not almost everyone) seems to function on a LOW TSH level.
I tend to disagree that all function well on a low TSH and think each person is different in each case.
Persoanlly I tend to function with my TSH at 2.3 - 2.5...any higher and I get HYPER symptoms, any LOWER and I get severe HYPO symptoms so the point I am trying to make is.....
If your Ft4 is mid-high range, your FT3 near top range and you still feel like cr@p then 'balance' the TSH until you do feel comfortable with it.And to do this means 'tweaking' the meds very SLOWLY.

There are so many who say that the TSH 'must' be under 1.0.
I tend to disagree with that.
My TSH has been over 3.0 at some stages, with my FT3 and Ft4 at a comfortable range for me and yet I still feel good.

So basically in this posting I am trying to say...dont ALWAYS go by the TSH.
Go by your 'Frees' first then look at the TSH if you still feel unwell or have symptoms.

Most with Mitral Valve Prolapse cannot stand being under 2.0 due to severe palpitations and Hyper symptoms.
Yet others 'strive' for a TSH under 1.0 when they feel perfectly normal with a TSH of say ...2.0.

Go with your gut feeling, your symptoms, your feeling of 'wellness'.
As I said ...we are all very different and what may 'work' for one person may not be anothers person answer to wellness.

I think gimmel or goolara has a very high TSH and feel 'good' on that.
As I said...go by your symptoms and not by what others 'think' you should be.

By the way...if my TSH went to 1.5 I would be in the ER with paddles on my chest lol.
Hi, Smiler,

I'd love to discuss this with you.:) What is your percentage of FT4/FT3? It seems that I have the same level of comfortable TSH as you.
I'm confused on the tsh score.  I was at 1.2, then 1.4, then 1.7. I understand all are in the 'normal' range, but is it moving toward hypo or hyper?  I have symptoms of hypo.
So confused by all of this. My tsh is 0.79 and i have all kinds of symtoms i.e. fatigue, hoarseness, muscle weakness, itching, dry eyes, enlarged thyroid and 3rd generation thyroid issues. now tht the test indicate that its normal my doctor does not seemed concerned but my body continues to act up. My Aunt had her thyroid 'killed' as they say and she has been fine ever since just has to take a pill everyday. I am tired of feeling like this and i have been complaining about these symptoms since 2007. REALLY FRUSTRATED!!!
Seems most doctors wont even treat if your tsh numbers fall within range. If you have symtoms and are on low end of normal where can you get treatment if your doctor wont?
You have to have a good thyroid doctor that will treat clinically by testing and adjusting Free T3 and Free T4 as necessary to relieve symptoms, without being constrained by resultant TSH levels.  You either have to feed your doctor enough scientific info that disagrees with his usual approach, and try to change him (low probability), or look elsewhere.  Be aware that it is not easy to look around and find such a doctor, but absolutely necessary for your good health.    

If you will give us your location, perhaps members can recommend some ways to attempt to find a good thyroid doctor.  
I feel weak, tried, moody, can't eat or sleep normally. Pins and needles I lost the use of my legs other night for two hours from it. Can't stand hot or cold days. No sex drive at all I sweat under arm badly in all weathers. Weight loss to the extreme size 12 to 6 in one year. Hair loss but they say I'm fine!! I bearly function at the moment. Does anyone have any ideas on what I should to as they say its normal. It's in the family thyroid mum and all her sister have it. Grandma died of thyroid cancer too but only find out family history few weeks ago but I've personally struggled more in last year!  Help please.
What are your actual thyroid hormone levels?  If you'll post them, we can better assess your situation.  Be sure to include reference ranges, as those vary lab to lab and have to come from your own report.
I am a 41 year old female. I am extremely fatigued, joint pain, cold in the middle of summer, dry skin  and hair, weight gain and unable to lose weight...only to name a few of the symptoms. This was a year and a half ago. The doctor suspected my thyroid and ordered the TSH test. My results were 0.80 with a normal range of 0.40-4.50. I understand my result falls within the normal range but my symptoms just keep getting worse. I can't seem to get the full thyroid panel done and I'm at my wits end. I'm tired of feeling like this and wish I could get someone to listen. Other tests were done to rule out lymes disease, low iron, etc. All of those came back really good. The only number I see that seems a little low is my TSH.
I need a good Thyroid Doctor.  I live in Santa Cruz, CA 95060.