TSH levels at 0.005
Oct of 2007 I had a total thyroidectomy because of growing thyroid nodules.I have been on Lex, but have not been able to get my tsh levels within the "normal range" and I feel good.  In April 09 I was taking 125 mcg and I felt great. My hair had stopped falling out, my fingernails had started growing again, I was having regular bowel movements, I was sleeping all night, I just felt like I use to feel before I had my thyroid removed. When my levels were checked in June, my Tsh was 0.005 and my primary care doctor changed me to 112mcg. I have started having the symptoms again. I want to know if it is ok for a person to have low tsh levels. I asked my doctor if a person could live with low levels because I felt good. She said she would check into it.I want to go back to 125. I was on it after I had my thyroid removed and my endo changed it in 2 mths because my level was .032.  I am thinking my body does not need what everyone else needs.  Please help !!!!!
I think you are being over medicated, BUT everyone is different.

I also keep a low TSH but not as low as yours. (.67 back in Mar.). I take 125mcg.

My only conern with taking a certain amount with out actually needing it would be the development of osteoporosis.

I took 200mcg for over 10yrs, and then out of the blue I went hyper again. Did the dosage changes for the last 2yrs. Now I am at 125mcg for over a yr.

Hi , I'm glad you responded, I just don't know what to think or do. Do you feel better when your TSH is on the low side vs. high side? I feel much better, but I don't seem to be able to get my doctors to unstand , or maybe it is me that doesn't understand. I hope I get this right soon. I am just tired of feeling bad. Will it ever end?

TSH is  not the best test to determine what your thryoid levels are.

You need to test FT3 and FT4, which are the actual thryoid hormones.  These both should ideally be in the top 1/2 to 1/3 of the normal range.

Everyone is different, yes, and you need to find what works for you.  However, I think the docs will need to see what your Ft3 and Ft4 look like to agree and support the higher dose of meds - not just how you feel.... docs tend to like to be backed up by lab results.

My TSH is now 0.005.  My FT3 and FT4 are in top 1/3 of normal.  I feel pretty good at this level and fortunately my endo agrees.  But another dr if they just see the TSH would panic and say I'm over dosed on meds...

If for some reason your pituitary isn't spot on functioning (as appears to be my case), the TSH coudl be low, even while FT3 and FT4 are low.

Let us know how you go.

I also had a total thyroidectomy for large multi-nodulals. please see my July18 post. I have almost the same question about this as you. Afraid of bing thrown into hypothyroidism, too.