Thyroid Disorders Community
TSH ultrasensitive

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

TSH ultrasensitive

Hi I had my labs done and my TSH, ultrasensitive results are 9.872 ( H ) I know that it is out of range .  The range is 0.350-5.500.  Can you please tell me what this means. Thank You so very much. I am to have a sergical (surgical) procedure on OCT. 29,2008....I need to know that it is safe. I had a brest reduction last March 2008.  I have to have touch up surgery. For some reason after my surgery I quit taking my synthroid 0.75 .  I have taken it for aprox. 19 years it had always been checked however, had never , never, been changed. Since I lost 42#. I just stoped taking it.  
Well the range has changed and the new reference range is .3-3.0 is 5.5 is out dated.

If your TSH is in the 9.872 range you should have been told you are back in a hypo range and should return on medication.

Congrats on the weight loss but with that amount of weight gone you may have a decrese on meds when you go back on it.

What procedure are you going to be going under on?