TSH ultrasensitive
Hi I had my labs done and my TSH, ultrasensitive results are 9.872 ( H ) I know that it is out of range .  The range is 0.350-5.500.  Can you please tell me what this means. Thank You so very much. I am to have a sergical procedure on OCT. 29,2008....I need to know that it is safe. I had a brest reduction last March 2008.  I have to have touch up surgery. For some reason after my surgery I quit taking my synthroid 0.75 .  I have taken it for aprox. 19 years it had always been checked however, had never , never, been changed. Since I lost 42#. I just stoped taking it.  
Well the range has changed and the new reference range is .3-3.0 is 5.5 is out dated.

If your TSH is in the 9.872 range you should have been told you are back in a hypo range and should return on medication.

Congrats on the weight loss but with that amount of weight gone you may have a decrese on meds when you go back on it.

What procedure are you going to be going under on?