Thyroid Disorders Community
TYpe of thyroid??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

TYpe of thyroid??

I have TSH 4.15 and few symptoms are weight gain..sleepy..memory loss..fatigue..cold hand and legs..So I am getting which lind of thyroid it is leading me too...as my grandpa had diabetis..So am i ?????
With those symptoms and the TSH test result, it is likely that you are hypothyroid.  You should confirm if that is true, and also the possible cause, by testing for the thyroid antibodies, TPO ab and TG ab.  These tests will show whether you have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, which is the most common cause of hypothyroidism.  

While you are getting those tests, you should also be tested for the biologically active thyroid hormones, which are Free T3 and Free T4 (not the same as Total T3 and Total T4).  Free T3 largely regulates metabolism and many other body functions.  Scientific studies have also shown that FT3 correlated best with hypo symptoms, while FT4 and TSH correlated very poorly.

When you get tested for Free T3 and Free T4, you should be aware that  test results in the lower part of the ranges are frequently associated with having hypo symptoms.  That is because the ranges are too broad.  Many Forum members report that symptom relief for them required that FT3 was adjusted into the upper part of its range and FT4 adjusted to around the midpoint of its range.  

In my opinion a good thyroid doctor will treat a hypo patient clinically, by testing and adjusting Free T3 and Free T4 levels as necessary to relieve symptoms, without being constrained by resultant TSH levels.  Symptom relief should be all important to you, not just test results.  Following is a good link about clinical treatment.

http://hormonerestoration.com/files/ThyroidPMD.pdf