Taking levothyroxine 88 mcg
I am taking levothyroxine 88 mcg for 10 days. I started out taking a half a pill for 8 days. I was lost a total of 5 lbs but since I started taking the whole pill it seems that my weight is staying the same. Is this normal or will I start to lose weight again once my body become adjusted to the new dosage?

Are you taking levo to loose weight? I have been taking levo 100mcg for 6months for hypothyroidism . I  had unusual weight gain along with almost all of the typial hypo symptoms, some very serious. (10mcg cytomel was just added almost a month ago thanks to the advice and support I got here). I guess I am confused as to why you would ask that question. I am now, after 5 months, starting to loose weight but I have am also now able to exercise for the first time in a year. So, I am not sure how much of taking levo is responsible for my weight loss and how much is added exercise. I heard rumors that levo helps one loose weight but I really haven't heard people on this fourm talking much about loosing weight as part of their total healing process. I hope this answers your question. Maybe others here can help.

Many of us have edema when hypo, which often is not super noticable.  My guess is that your five pound loss might be due to the "water" clearing out of your body.  Once you get your FT3 and FT4 to proper levels, you will find it much easier to lose weight.  However, it takes about six weeks for the dose to stabilize in your system, and then you might need one or more adjustments to get to the proper dose for you.  In the meantime, it will probably still be a battle to shed the pounds.  I did lose 25 pounds spontaneously after getting my meds right...roughly equivalent, I think, to what I had gained being hypo.
your doctor had you take it for only 8 days before going to full strength?  Also the same thing happened with me.  I lost a couple pounds but then it stopped.  I am very thin and underweight, which Is not the norm from I understand.