Aa
A
A
Close
Tender throat under Adam's apple
I have had a tender throat to the touch under the Adam's apple region for about two weeks now. I can't even stand to touch it. If I press ion it it almost makes me gag. My throat feels somewhat restricted as well. I have sleep apnea but use a CPAP machine at night. I have also had a nose surgery for turbenectomy (spelling) and something else (forgot) deviated septum I think. Anyway just wondering if I should get this looked at or wait for a week or so. I also get breathless at times due to the anxiety I am sure.
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I have that, too. I have Hashimoto's thyroid disease, which causes the thyroid to be tender, swollen. I suggest you go to an endocrinologist who specializes in thyroid, not diabetes. Here are the thyroid tests you will need:

Bloodwork:TSH, FT4, FT3, TPOab and the TGab

Plus a thyroid ultrasound.

Post your labs here after you get them. Many labs still use the old standards for TSH (0.5-4.5). I suffered for a long time because doctors said my TSH (2.74) was normal, but many doctors in the know now say anything above a 2.0 is too high.

:) Tamra
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
393685 tn?1425816122
along with what Tamra says - do a thyroid neck neck. You can google the directions and find the proper way to preform the procedure. I also think we have a thyroid neck check listed in our MedHelp health pages on thyroid

These should be done once a month as breast exams are done - to catch things early
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank