Test Results - how long to get back?
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know how long it should take to get blood test results back for Estrogen, FSH, LH and Prolactin?  I saw my endo 2 weeks ago (after a 5 week wait for an appointment) because of various symptoms including frequent menstrual cycles (5 complete periods in 2 months - yuk!), bone chilling cold and water retention problems.  

I have Graves, had TT in May 2006, and have been on synthroid since.  To be honest, I thought I was just hypoactive in the thyroid department, but got those test results back the next day and was in good shape.

Now, I wait for the rest of the results.....is it supposed to take this long?  I have a sinking feeling they either lost my sample or lost the test results.  Sure glad I am not really sick and waiting this long.  I called yesterday, the med assistant said she would track them down and have the doctor review them.  

Any ideas?
I've found that a lot of times test results get lost in the shuffle of everything else and the person who was supposed to call you doesn't.  Call the doctor's office and ask to speak to the nurse then tell her you want your test results.  Be sure to get numbers, not just if they are "normal" or not.  Another thing that I do is go to the clinic's record department and get my own records.  It's your right to have your records any time you want them.  Good luck to you!
I agree with amela321.
The labs are run and complete within 2 days of the blood draw. Sometimes they are done the same day depending on when they get to the lab.