Throat clearing and congestion
I went in for an xray because I had a cough.  They said I have a nodule on my lung (very small).  They did a cat scan, and told me not worry, they would check it again in 6 months.  In the meantime, they found 6 nodules on my thyroid, I am having a biopsy on Sept. 22nd. Origianlly the doctor said I had viral bronchitis, but when he listened to my lungs, he said he heard whistling, he asked me if I had asthma, which I have never had.  Now, I feel like I have post nasal drip all the time, clear my throat alot, don't know if its psycosamatic? I'm very stressed about this biopsy.  I have been using over the counter nasal spray 2 to 3 times a day for over 15 years.  Could they thyroid be causing the throat clearing and congestion?  I'm trying to be calm about the lung nodule, are they common? My dad had one, they checked it for 2 years, and it went away.  I dont smoke.  I quit over 10 years ago. Whats wrong with me?

This discussion is related to thyroid nodule, fatigue and throat problems?.
I have four thyroid nodules. Yes, I do have the congestion. I have asthma, and I believe thyroid (Hashimotos) caused it. I don't know if those nodues are related of it is just coincidence. Most nodules are benign. Multiple thyroid nodules decreases the chance for cancer. The single thyroid nodules are more worrisome. The biopsy hardly hurts. A visit to the dentist is worse, IMHO.

I don't know the size of the nodules, but I'm assuming they are small, otherwise, the doc would probably just remove them, rather than the biopsy.

You should also request thyroid bloodwork. TSH, FT4, FT3, Anti-TPO, TGAb to determine if thyroid disease is causing these nodules. That's how I got mine. I take medication for my Hashimotos which, my endo says, will also shrink my nodules.

Take care...
:) Tamra
Thank you so much!  I needed to hear that, I was beginning to think I was losing my mind.  I will talk to my doctor about the bloodwork, I am surprised when they found the nodules that they didn't send me for bloodwork right away?  I will do some research on Hashimotos.  Thanks again.
I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's by an allergist, after routine blood work by my MD came back "within the normal range."  Trouble is, the allergist just scheduled me for a follow up five months later, with no treatment.  I started a gluten free diet, after doing some research on my own.  I've had some relief from the loss of energy and muscle weakness, but the congestion in my throat just won't quit.  I've since limited dairy intake as well, without much difference.  I went to an endocrinologist, but all that she found was a vitamin D deficiency.  Next stop...food allergy testing.  I'm getting desperate.  This has been going on for a year and the only help I've gotten has been self-help.  When will the medical community decide that the "normal range" isn't normal for everyone.  Unfortunately, alternative medicine is not covered by my insurance.
You've attached your post to a very old thread.  You will get lots more notice and response if you will start a new thread under your own name.  Just click on the orange Post a Question button at top of page and post again.