Aa
A
A
Close
Throat cyst and nodule
Here's the drill--had a "cyst" in my throat hanging next to uvula--saw ENT twice and he's been watching it and said it more than likely is a cyst--hasn't grown in 6 months--kind of awkward place to biopsy so as long as it's not bothering me or getting in the way, we'll leave it alone.  Yesterday saw primary who noticed a nodule on my thyroid--I had mentioned a 20 lb weight gain and aching bones since I quit smoking a year ago--had a thyroid scan and indeed there is a nodule which will be biopsied next week.  The question--could the "cyst" in my throat be related to the thyroid nodule in a not-so-great way?

Also--about the thyroid biopsy--can anyone tell me if it hurts too much for me to go to work after?
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I don't know about the cysts being related but I do know that the FN biopsy is not a big deal, yes I went back to work, no pain, no bruising. Just a little pressur on you throat and it is numbed. Good Luck
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Thanks--that helps.  I was getting a little antsy cause they said it might take as long as an hour depending on how easy the node was to locate and isolate.  That seems excessive.  No one really wants people coming at their throats with needles but if you have to, you have to.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Breast biopsy is waaay more painful than the thyroid biopsy.
i would have thyroid biopsy anyday over breast biopsy.
Love venora
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
my thyroid is big so it wasn't hard to find, you lie there with your head back and they do an ultra sound and the biopsy, The numbing was the most painful, he told me a bee was going to sting me. He went into my neck 3 times. I doubt yu will be there an hour, they won't have that much time to spend with you. I agree with Verona a breast biopsy is way more painful and that wans't even bad. Good Luck. It is a scary thought, oh yea the needle is about as big as a hair!!!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank