Thyroid Disorders Community
Throat feels like something stuck in it

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Throat feels like something stuck in it

Some days I have this very uncomfortable feeling in my throat, like something is stuck in it, but not all the time or every day.  Does anyone else experience this discomfort? It just feels like a lot of pressure some times as well.

I have a solid nodule on the right lobe, 1cm x 1 cm x 9mm that came back inadaquate on the FNA, the left lobe has a complex cystic & solid nodule  (goiter) 3.1cm x 1 cm x 2.4cm. This came back negative for malignant cells.   I do not go see the specialist till the second week in July.

Thanks!
My nodule definitely caused a "something stuck in my throat feeling" and mine was just slightly bigger than yours.,  Good luck with your appt.  Only one month to go!

Despina
For the past 6 weeks, I've had the "something stuck in my throat" feeling, too, but it's been consistent and has yet to go away. Sometimes it feels like it's especially hard to swallow, but in general, I just feel like a huge pill is stuck in my throat that can't be swallowed any further. I'm going to have bloodwork done soon to see if I my thyroid problems are autoimmune or not, and then I'll probably have an ultrasound done to see if there are any nodules present. It's just difficult to make any appointments since I commute really far to work, and work an 8.5 hour day. Most doctors offices close by the time I'm out of work, and it's very hard to find specialists around here covered by my insurance...:(

Good luck and I hope you feel better soon!
Thanks  for the input. I was thinking maybe it was stress.  All the tests just pointed me to more & more  tests; and now I wait.  It appears the goiter has not grown much by looking at it and I wondered if it could be growing inward, does that make sense?  I mean maybe that is where all this pressure is coming from. Also, sometimes I feel pressure in the sternum area. Weird, huh?

For dscoochie, what treatment if any have you had for your nodule?

For Jules, I really hope you will be able to get some relief as well, and good luck in your search for a specialist.  I cannot believe how hard it is to get seen by one.
I have a couple of nodules on my thyroid that my ENT is watching and also am on synthroid for hypothyroidism. I was also diagnosed with Hashimoto's disease (thyroid disease).   I was concerned about feeling like I always had a lump in my throat when I swallowed.  My ENT said that it was caused from Acid Reflux and put me on Aciphex twice daily.  I have been on the Acid Reflux prescription for almost a year now and I no longer have the sensation of a lump in my throat.  I was amazed that there wasn't actually something in my throat. I thought surely it was caused by my other thyroid problems, but not.  
I have removed the whole thyroid 6 months ago and i had this sensation on something stuck in my throat first after the surgery, the doctor told me it was caused by the breathing tube they inserted in my throat as well as the impact of the surgery scars, and this sensation vanished months later, but two weeks ago i had it again all day long with the each minute burp, it drove me crazy, i couldn’t think of anything else, i saw my doctor he told me it could be only stress as well as it might be my salivary glands being swollen, i searched in the net abt the salivary glands and there was a tip to reduce their swollen which was to chew free sugar gum or to suck free sugar candy..this will stimulate the glands to produce the saliva and reduce the swollen, and thanks God it gave me a big relief and by time the feeling was hugely reduced,..hope this was useful for all,