Thyroid Disorders Community
Thryoid & Weight

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Thryoid & Weight

Anyone know a way to lose weight easier when you are hypothyroid?  I am trying something new right now w/Luralean in it that I read about.  Can't seem to loose belly fat.  I am a healthy eater, no junk food, no sodas I just can't seem to understand how my stomach and waist can keep expanding!  If you have something that has worked for you I sure would like to hear about it.
Some people have reported that it is virtually impossible to lose weight until their thyroid levels are optimized FOR THEM.

Unfortunately many Dr's won't prescribe sufficient dosage to get the patient optimized.  Because many people have to be WELL up in the reference or "normal" range of FT3 and FT4. And Many Dr's simply only medicate until the levels are "somewhere" in the range usually below 50% and not want to do any more.

The rule of thumb many people have found to be a reasonable target is to have both of the following:

1) Free T4 in the MIDDLE of the range or higher (50% of range)

AND (that means in addition to)

2) Free T3 in the UPPER 1/3 of the range (67% of the range).

Everyone is different but notice how these are WELL up into the ranges far above the low ends of most reference ranges.

Losing weight is almost never easy even when the Thyroid works perfectly.  So adding low (Hypo) thyroid which controls and results in low Metabolism only makes matters MUCH worse.

AND (that means in addition to)