Thyroid Disorders Community
ThyCa 6 years ago....now...mulit microcalcifications in mammogram....Wo...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

ThyCa 6 years ago....now...mulit microcalcifications in mammogram....Worry???

I was diagnosed with thyca in 2004 and had a total thyroidectomy with RAI.  I am 43 yrs old, and today I had my annual mammogram.  The tech said, "would you like to see?"...Sure.  I asked, "what are all those spots"? "microcalcifications"...."oh, those are NORMAL right?".  Well, most are, but some can be very worrisome.  END of discussion.  So, of course I come home and read a ton of research.  Seems that I may have reason to worry.  Thoughts?  Suggestions?  Trying not to panic.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
393685_tn?1325870933
Don't panic but definately follow up soon with your doctor.

Its hard to know for sure what causes these calcifications but I would very much feel you should be checking out some information on preventative measures to help you.

With your TT - what type of cancer did you have? and have you been suppressed each year correcting for reoccurance?

What thyroid labs do you have to share with us? are they recent?

HAve you done any research in iodine supplementing since you had thyroid cancer in 2004?
Blank
Thanks for your response.  Had labs done on Thursday.  Don't have the results of those yet.  I had papillary thyca.  I haven't been suppressed in 2.5 years. No research on iodine supplementing.  Just figured I got enough through salt, etc. I'll report back with lab numbers when I have them.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank