Thyroglobulin Antigen
My husband was diagnosed with thyroiditis and lab results are as follow:  T3: .92, T4: 6.5; Free T4: 1.53; TSH: .74 all within normal range.  Thyroid Antigen was >300 ng/ml (reference range .83-60) , Thyroglobulin Ab: .11 , Thyroid Peroxidase Ab : .28 the latter two within negative range

ESR was 46 mm/hr (high) which we were told indicate that there is infection, and he is treated with antibiotics.  He gets better , the swelling is reduced but not gone completely.

What could be the problem?

Thank you
I'm confused.

Everything I read says that thyroid antigens are thyroid antibodies. The term antigen is used to refer to one or all of the various thyroid antibosies.

The TGab was 11, the top of "normal" is 40, so that was a negative test.

The TPOab was 28, and the top of "normal" is 50 or 60, so that is a negative test.

I don't know what the "antigen" test is, or why it is above 300. Never heard of the test and I don't understand it. Maybe it is detecting and measuring other antibodies, but it seems like it would be better to just test for the other antibodies and get it over with.

I don't know everything, so maybe someone better versed will come along and explain it to us both.