Thyroid & Iodine Allergy

After surgery 21 years ago I found out I am allergic to topical iodine treatment.

Five yrs later I "became" allergic to shrimp.  Not all seafood, just shrimp.  My family doctor at the time said it was probably the high iodine content in shrimp only.  I never mentioned the reaction to topical iodine to that doctor, I never even thought of it
.
Two years after that (10 yrs ago) I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and sent to an endo and he put me on synthroid, which I have been taking ever since.  My doctor has all my levels correct but I still have morning slugginess and the afternoon slump and I cannot seem to lose any weight.  I am not sure if my doctor even knows about my iodine allergy, I will tell him at my next appt. in June.

In the mean time does anyone know if I should be using iodized salt or is that the same as my other iodine allergies?
Is there a connection between my iodine allergy and my hypothyroidism?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
K