Thyroid Disorders Community
Thyroid/ THS level; I am kinda nervous here!! please help :)
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Thyroid/ THS level; I am kinda nervous here!! please help :)

I am a 27 year old woman & my husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for year or so now.
Since I stopped taking birthcontrol in September of 2011, I had only had one period up untill just last month (thats an entire year) I had a total of two now & thats only because my OBGYN gave me some hormones to hopefully "jump start" things.
Anyway, after some blood test, lab work & an ultra-sound....my OBGYN tells me that, he thinks my thyroid isnt functioning properly & I only had a .31 on my TSH test. (or something like that, lol... I was very nervous when I was discussing this with him).  He wants me to come back and get some more blood drawn for more tests and some other things...
Does anybody have any advice for me? I am afraid & I have been researching thyroid isssues and I am worried thats its everything from cancer to I might not every be able to get pregnant.
649848_tn?1357751184
TSH of 0.31 could indicate that you have hyperthyroidism, but your doctor is right, that you need more blood tests.  You need to have Free T3 and Free T4, tested.  Those are the actual thyroid hormones and will tell far more than TSH.  TSH is a pituitary hormone that does not provide a full picture of the situation.

It's very important that you get copies of all lab work, and other tests, for your own records.

Thyroid cancer is relatively rare, and one of the easiest cancers to treat.  Once you find out what's going on, there should be no reason why you couldn't get pregnant, unless there's something else, besides thyroid, going on.  Most people who get thyroid levels properly regulated have no trouble conceiving.

What did the ultrasound indicate?

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank