Thyroid Disorders Community
Thyroid/Adrenal Issues

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Thyroid/Adrenal Issues

Hi Everyone,
I need some help here.  I apologize for the length to begin with.
I was dx'd with GD in 2002.  I have been on PTU for 5 years and Levoxyl for 1 year.  I have high FT3 levels (just recently got them within lab range).  I have NO symptoms of hyperthyroidism.  I have more symptoms of hypo than anything.
I recently had blood tests and saliva testing for adrenals.  Both types of blood tests came back high cortisol and low aldosterone.  All female hormones are fine.
My doc recently put me on PS (Phosphorylated Serine) to lower cortisol levels.  So far, so good.  
My question is this:  
Will lowering cortisol levels lower thyroid levels?  will it bring up aldosterone levels?
Does anyone know?
Michelle
I start to feel pressure in my neck when lying down. my question is can this be life treatning? haveing sex of course.can life changes and stress cause hypo and hyper thyroid problems? sharp small pains inside the lift side of my head after taking crestor,lovoxlythroxin.Does anybody think that this can be the cause of brain anurisum?  
Hello - Do you have thyroid issues, or have you been diagnosed with a thyroid condition? When asking about the brain anyurism (sp) have you had one or afraid your symptoms?
Wait.... I am lost on the thread. The poster ( elle474) is asking for adreanal  answers and then there is another poster ( talkback) addressing something to Thyroid and sex??

maybe I am filled with a thick fog tonite - but we need to move to the original posters question.

Talkback,

Maybe this post you want addressed needs to move to your own posted question.

As for the adrenals and cortisol and aldosterone - they should not "per say" interfere with TSH. Symptomatically yes you should see an improvement - and you may see a bit of a change - but that may mean your sytem is balancing out and things are working better.

It is not uncommon - when adrenals are improving that a thyroid med change is needed. OR opposite - IF your adrenals are suffering a med change may happen too. BUT you can have normal TSH and have exhausted adrenals and horrible suspecious thyroid symptoms. That is where many suffer for so long thinking it is a thyroid problem - where actually it is all about the adrenals.