Thyroid Disorders Community
Thyroid Doctor

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Thyroid Doctor

Is anyone here seeing a "Thyroid" Doctor and not a Endo for thyroid care??? I'm wondering if they exist??
An Endocrinologist is the specialist that covers the Endocrin System, which includes the thyroid, although there are MD's such as Internal Medicine, and even GP's that are educated in thyroid, it is half the battle finding a good thyroid MD. If you want to post your location, it is possible a member in your area may be able to help. Endo's also treat Diabetes and some just treat diabetes and do not do well with Thyroid. I do not have any Endo's at all where I am located and just got lucky with a good Internal Med.MD Good Luck FTB4
Yes ma'am.  My doctor is an internal medicine doc with a specialty in Thyroid conditions.  I saw an endo first and that was horrible.  Wouldn't trade my thyroid doc for anything (except maybe to have my thyroid back and not have cancer).
I would love to find a good thyroid doc!  It seems that the Endo's I have tried are diabetes docs that treat thyroid patients on the side!  If anyone knows of a Thyroid Doc in the Ann Arbor, Michigan area I would be thrilled to hear about it!
Any type of doctor is okay to treat thyroid, so long as they are willing to test/treat properly.

Thanks for the responses and I also believe that the best doc is one who looks at the free's to determine how a patient feels instead of focusing on the TSH levels..that's where the headache comes in...