Thyroid Disorders Community
Thyroid Enlargement
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Thyroid Enlargement

Hello. I am new to this forum and I need some advice please. About 3 years ago, my Dr. found a goiter on one side of my thyroid and a nodule on the other side. I don't remember what size they measured, however my Dr. said that they were small enough to just monitor. I haven't had them scanned again in almost two years. About a month ago, I noticed that my thyroid felt very enlarged. I've been having some trouble with chest pain and a little bit of trouble with swallowing. My family physician checked my thyroid levels and they came back normal. I am taking something for anxiety, however I still feel tired and anxious most of the time. I am scheduled to see an endocronologist in about a  month. I was just wondering if anyone had experienced these symptoms with their thyroid levels being normal? Any advice or support would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
The normal blood test [TSH level and T4] can be common with thyroid swelling.
thyroid neck check self exam can help you to detect large lumps , but ultrasound should probably be your next step
Blank
687079_tn?1230952212
i agree with the ultrasound - thyroid cancer sometimes presents as euthyroid, you should get the ultrasound - most nodules are benign of course but better to get c hecked thouroghly
Blank
Hi,
I have had an enlarged thyroid for 2.5 years, all thyroid blood test were normal, biopsy returned benign, endoscopy normal, etc....  I've taken every test.  For the course of the 2.5 years, I complained of symptoms related to thyroid, but nothing was ever revealed, well Jan 14th this year, I had a thyroid uptake scan, that revealed, I am extremely hyperthyroid, and thyroid labs the day before returned normal.  

So yes, although particular test may not show any conditions, symptoms can develop over a course of time.

And yes, I experienced chest pains, as well as swallowing difficulty.  

Good luck to you !  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank