Thyroid Disorders Community
Thyroid Function test

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Thyroid Function test

lab results of my thyroid function  after dose (thyroxine)100mic/g p/day
and the results for last 30 days. How much the dose required To achieve the normal results.

Free T3:      1.7
Free T4:      1.08
TSH    :       6.22

What are the reference ranges for the FT3 and FT4?  These vary from lab to lab, so must come from your own report.  

Free T3:      1.7      pg/ml
Free T4:      1.08    ng/dL
TSH    :       6.22    uIU/mL

Yes, I understand those are your current levels; however, we need to know the reference ranges used by your lab.  This should be listed on your lab report; often parenthesis beside the lab result or in a separate column.

result      units         Reference Values                                
Free T3:      1.7      pg/ml               1.45 - 3.48
Free T4:      1.08    ng/dL                0.71 -1.85
TSH    :       6.22    uIU/mL             0.49 - 4.67

That's what we needed.  Thank you.  While your TSH is high, your FT3 and FT4 are actually "in" the normal range, though quite low in their ranges.  

I'm not a doctor, so I can't tell what dose to take, but it does appear that you could use an increase in your med.  You could try the next higher dose for a few weeks, then retest to see if your levels come up, and your TSH goes down.  

Many of us feel best when our FT3 is in the upper 1/3 of its range and FT4 is in the upper 1/2 of its range.  What, if any, symptoms do you have?  Symptom relief is most important, regardless of the lab results, so FT3 and FT4 should be adjusted to alleviate symptoms.