Thyroid Disorders Community
Thyroid Goiter
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Thyroid Goiter

I have a rather large goiter blood work came back in the normal range T4-7.0 TSH-1.05, T3 -118, T4 Free 1.3 TSI -87. I had an ultra sound came back suspious my only  concern is I have alot of symptoms such as I feel as if something is pushing on my throat and feel like I have to vomit after eating most of the time or just out of no where literally I  have had  to pull over on the road. I can't sleep although I am extremly exhausted, have anxiety and am very shakey (shaky), heart palpatations which I have never had before, am I just going crazy or  can it be this ulgy goiter which is very visible to everyone. I have become very self consious and depressed since going through all of this now with my endo that was a no good doctor and would  not even give me my test results and starting over with another  one can a goiter cause this or am I really nuts????
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
158939_tn?1274918797
Yes, a goiter can cause all of that.  What are your plans for it since it's come back suspicious?
Blank
I have an appointment with another endo this wednesday I have my ultra sound and blood work results to take in as well as the report from the ct scan as well. I  am also on Cell Cept which is a med that basically lowers your immune system my dermatologist has me on this for severe psoriasis and the endo knows this which she said meds wont work on me since I am on Cell Cept. I only had one appt  with the endo thats when she sent me for blood work and 61/2weeks later never heard from her again I had to demand my labs results so I can see another endo with out starting  all over again. I am very frustrated but know I need to persist I am only 36 and  have 2 little girls to take care of. Should I be doing or seeing another kind of doctor?
Blank
When I began having problems, my test results also came back normal.  It wasn't until my Sx that they were able to determine that the goiter/hot nodule was mimicking the symptoms of a hyperthyroid, but that I also had Hashimoto's (denoted by a hypothyroid).    
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank