Thyroid Disorders Community
"Thyroid Inferno" ultrasound but diagnosed as Hashimoto'...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

"Thyroid Inferno" ultrasound but diagnosed as Hashimoto's

I am a 29y/F and I had an US last year that showed enlarged rt lobe, heterogeneous gland multiple subcentimeter cystic structures with increased vascularity. Based on my labs, I was diagnosed with Hasimoto's and my endo wanted to "watch & wait". My symptoms have gotten worse and my follow up US shows cystic structures are still present & the vascularity has increased over the past year & the color Doppler images looks like "Thyroid Inferno". I’m confused that I have symptoms of hyperthyroid as well as hyperthyroid, but not receiving any treatment for either. I have had 3 episodes where I was experiencing Tachycardia, trouble breathing, red rash on neck & face, profuse sweating, nausea, flushing with itchiness on hands, feet and legs and are over within 20min. My endo says I have Hashimoto’s. I feel like the diagnosis is made on the Anti-TPO only; Can all this be attributed solely to Hashimoto’s?

Labs & tests:
US: 3/2/09 rt lobe 5.7x2.1x1.4 & 1/10/10 rt lobe 5.5x1.8x1.3
Anti-TPO >1300, Anti-TG 67, TSH .49 & 1.26, Calcitonin 4, Thyroxine Free 1.3 &  1.4, T3 113.00, Vit D 12, Calcium 9.2 & 9.5

Current Major symptoms: 50lbs Wt loss in 1yr, orthostatic hypotension, flushing, nausea, sweating, blurry vision, heat & cold intolerance, rt leg non-pitting edema (below knee)/thickened skin, bouts of extreme fatigue/lethargy, increased or decreased appetite, insomnia, gum tissue thinning & exposing roots of teeth.

Existing conditions: Increased ocular pressure & nerve damage (Large cusps), Medullary sponge kidney, pituitary 3-4 mm microadenoma ( most likely Rathke’s cyst), keratosis pilaris.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
499534_tn?1328707778
Please post the ranges your lab used with your lab results. Each lab varies so it is important to see what they are using.
Hashimoto's at the beginning stages will cause swings to cause you to go hyper and hypo both. It is aweful!
Also it looks like your Vit D level is low.....this was a D3 test correct? This low level of Vit D will compound your symptoms as well.
Do some reading on Hashimoto's and you will see that a lot of your symptoms are commonn with Hashi's. The good news is that it isnt forever.
It is very important that your thyroid levels be kept at proper levels to keep symptoms at bay. If you are on a T4 med only, your TSH should be supressed to .50-1.0. Anything over this and you are hypo.  Your Free T4 should be mid normal range and your Free T3 should be mid to high normal range.  (In most cases at these levels patients will feel their best)
Blank
Hello :-)

I just got labs back from this week; So far, this is what I have:

Vit D (25-Hydroxy) 19 (30-100)
TSH 0.54 (0.35-5.50)
T3 93.0 (60-181)
Thyroxine, Free 1.1 (0.9- 1.8)
I'm still waiting on the Anti-TG and Anti-TSI tests. I've been on Vit D supplements for a year now, but it's only gone up a little bit.

My endo said that unless my TSH was outside of 1-2, he won't treat me. I asked today about it being less than 1 and he still keeps saying that once it's higher than 2, then we can treat it, which is frustrating because even if all of this is related to Hashi's, I can't believe I have to deal with this until my thyroid finally stops working on its own.

Thank you for your response; It's so confusing and exhausting feeling this way. I think I have had thyroid issues for years but my labs were always in the "normal" range and it wasn't until I asked for the Anti-TPO test that my physician will even look at my thyroid. I'm so confsued and not sure what to do.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...