Thyroid Nodule Images - Attached
Hi all,

I am posting the images of my thyroid nodules. According to the US report, I have two solid nodules and both are hypoechoic. There is also one small cyst which has calcification. The sizes of the left nodule is 8 x 7 x 5 mm, but according to the image I posted here, it actually says 10 x 6mm, so I have no idea where 8 came from. The right nodule is 7 x 6 x 5mm and the cyst is very small at 2mm. Just wondering if anybody had there images like this or not. I have a history of thyroid cancer in direct family, so if it is indeed 1cm, I`m hoping to get it an FNA since I am under 30 and male.

Any input is appreciated!!

Thanks.
After I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer, my sister had an 8 mm nodule, the doctor at the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale insisted on a biopsy for her...they did find cancer in her, too.  Family history is a big part of it.  Try to get the biopsy if you have family history, especially siblings or mom or dad.
Thanks, my endo initially wanted a biopsy even at 8mm, but when I went to the prebiopsy ultrasound, the radiologist said the nodule was gone. Now I have it checked again and not only is it still there, I have another one and a cyst.

I will try and setup a new appointment with my endo and go through the process again.

Thanks again for the post. I hope you and your sister are doing well :-)