Aa
A
A
Close
Thyroid Nodule Images - Attached
Hi all,

I am posting the images of my thyroid nodules. According to the US report, I have two solid nodules and both are hypoechoic. There is also one small cyst which has calcification. The sizes of the left nodule is 8 x 7 x 5 mm, but according to the image I posted here, it actually says 10 x 6mm, so I have no idea where 8 came from. The right nodule is 7 x 6 x 5mm and the cyst is very small at 2mm. Just wondering if anybody had there images like this or not. I have a history of thyroid cancer in direct family, so if it is indeed 1cm, I`m hoping to get it an FNA since I am under 30 and male.

Any input is appreciated!!

Thanks.
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
After I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer, my sister had an 8 mm nodule, the doctor at the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale insisted on a biopsy for her...they did find cancer in her, too.  Family history is a big part of it.  Try to get the biopsy if you have family history, especially siblings or mom or dad.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Thanks, my endo initially wanted a biopsy even at 8mm, but when I went to the prebiopsy ultrasound, the radiologist said the nodule was gone. Now I have it checked again and not only is it still there, I have another one and a cyst.

I will try and setup a new appointment with my endo and go through the process again.

Thanks again for the post. I hope you and your sister are doing well :-)
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Thyroid Nodule Images - Attached
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources