Thyroid Disorders Community
Thyroid Peroxidase and Antithyroglobulin Ab

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

My  TSH is 5.76                                Range .45-4.50
       T4 is 7.9                                    Range 4.5-12.0
       T3 is 28                                     Range 24-39
       Free Thryoxine Index is 2.2         Range 1.2-4.9
       Thyroid Peroxidase is 4172         Range 0-34
       Antithyroglobulin is 668               Range 0-40

What does this mean to me and what kind of natural means can I take to lower those that are high?
It means you are hypothyroid. The cause of your hypothyroidism is Hashimoto's, the most common form of hypothyroidism.

Hashimoto's is an autoimmune disease, evidenced by your high antibodies.

There is nothing you can do about the antithyroglobulin (TGab) count. It may rise or fall, but there is no way for you to affect it except to remove your thyroid.

The Thyroid Peroxidase (TPOab) is EXTREMELY high, and there is a small chance you can do something to control that.

Selenium has been shown to lower the TPOab count in some people. The studies are flawed and the results are sporadic, but it has been demonstrated that selenium will help some people.

The suggested dosage to take is 200mcg per day. That's micrograms, not milligrams. Taking too much can poison you. Look at what you take for vitamins now, because multivitamins have selenium. You can get away with consuming 400mcg per day, but you get it in foods as well so 200mcg is a much safer dose, and is what has been used in the studies.

You are slightly hypo, and may need medication. Your T4/T3 tests are old and your doctor should be running a Free T4 test and a Free T3 test.