Thyroid Problem leading to weight gain?
I have recently been diagnosed with a thyroid problem. The problem is, I continue to gain weight despite eating healthy and working out every single day for 1 hour. In the past month, I have gained over 4 lbs (if this keeps up all the weight I originally lost will come back). My doctor refuses to put me on medication because I am young and he says it is only slightly off. However, the weight gain is frustrating because I am trying to stay in shape. If I start medication, will the  unexplained weight gain stop? Can anyone say that when they take their thryoid medication that their weight problems stopped?
Can you post your actual test results for TSH, Free T3 and Free T4, along with the reference ranges from your lab report?

Even if you levels are only "slightly off", that can cause symptoms, including weight gain.  Starting medication does not guarantee that the weight will come off (I'm proof of that), but it does for some people.

The important thing is that if your levels are off, you will most likely begin to have more symptoms as time goes on.
There are some special tips on helping hypos get their weight under control - more life style changes in diet than anything...

I would be happy to tell you that if you take your medicine for hypothyroidism that it will cause you to stop gaining weight, but I would be lying.  I have had hypothyroidism for years and every since I only seem to gain or loose at the most a couple pounds.  My thyroid was severely over active and they called it Graves Disease, in a months time I lost over 30 lbs.  Then they gave me an iodine treatment to destroy the bad part of my thyroid, along with it went the good.  Every since my weight has been a constant battle.  Moreover did the doctor explain why your tests are just slightly off, or if there is any other reason for the weight gain?
Can you post your latest thyroid test results along with the lab's reference ranges?  
Thanks for all the advice, but in terms of lifestyle I already follow a diet and go to the gym 7 days a week---I don't think I can do much more, so in response to Flitter I doubt there is another reason for the weight gain. I mean exercising daily plus diet should at least help me keep my weight constant at the very least.

I won't be able to post my results.
There are other medical issues that could cause weight gain and/or inability to lose, also, such as insulin resistance, adrenal issues, etc.