Thyroid Scan and Uptake or go right to Biopsy?
Here is my situation and would like to know if I should skip the Uptake and Scan and go right to biopsy on the dominant nodule. What is the purpose of the scan other then to diagnose a hot or cold nodule? I actually had the scan scheduled and the hospital called me and said they don't have any pills for the test and won't get them in until January 10th, which got me thinking do I really need this scan.

Blood Test:
                    T3 Uptake:  37               (high)                range: 22-35%
                    T4:             7.2              (normal)             range: 4.5-12.0 mcg/dl
                    TSH:         1.36             (normal)             range: 0.40-4.50
                    T7:              2.7             (normal)             range: 1.4-3.8
Ultrasound:
Right Lobe: 5.8 x 2.2 x 2.1cm- Left Lobe: 4.1 x 1.6 x 1.4cm
Isthmus is 3mm in thickness
Noudle in the midportion of the right lobe: 8 x 6 x 6mm
Larger nodule right inferior: 2.1 x 1.4 x 1.9 centimeters
Left side upper pole:  7.8 x 6.6 x 4.5mm
Mid pole nodule:  10.8 x 9.4 x 8.4mm

Thanks for any advice given.
Because you kevels are normal the uptake scan is not necessary. In my opinion you need to have biopsy of the largest and 10mm nodules.
Nodules over 1 cm with microcalcification have to be checked with FNA